CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Lopsided

Aw snap! One side of my hair is considerably shorter than the other side! Just take a look at the pics below. I know why. I did it to myself. When my locs were in their baby stages I had stringy ends on just one side because I decided to dye my hair before I got it Sisterlocked. The dye changed the texture of my hair only in certain spots. I was livid! I had cut off all my permed hair and waited until I had enough hair to Sisterlock and the day before I was to get the Sisterlocks the bad dye job changed my texture. I called my consultant almost in tears. She said not to worry and that I could still get my locks I got my locks and they looked great except for one side had stringy ends. I took it as long as I could, but then I could not stand it any more. It seemed harmless at the time so I just snipped them off. It did not seem like it would make that much difference. That is what I get for being scissor happy. I guess I will have to even it out. Oh well....it seems as if I still have not learned my lesson. LOL! The only thing I can say about this is........wait before you dye. Make sure your hair is ready. Or at least get it professionally done. Yes I did the bad dye job myself. My consultant teases me. She calls it the DIE job! Although I do look at blaqkofi and sister-in-locks and have color envy. I just know that my hair texture requires me to be patient and wait. Heck,I am almost 16mo. locked and I am still braiding and banding.

"

No laughing. Just keep reading the blog......Lol!!! (my daughter did this to me)
When my hair grows up it wants to be just like Blaqkofi and Sister-in-locks and all the other beautiful Sisterlock sisters that have color
Stay blessed

6 comments:

Sis. RJQueen10 said...

Okay! I feel accomplished. I have read your blogspot from beginning to end! I have not done that in a while. Now I can add you to my links of blogspots that I have read from beginning to end and check on you periodically. Looking for to your future posts! I left about 3 or 4 comments spread through your blogspot. Thanks for stopping by my place. I love, Love, LOVE Blakkofi! I see you admire her too!

I say what you call "lopsided" is UNIQUE and cute. Leave it alone, unlese of course it bothers you to no end. I think it adds character to you Sisterlocks.

RJQueen10

Anonymous said...

Even though your hair may be uneven I think it's cute and wouldn't know any mistakes were made.

NappTown said...

Sis.rjqueen10
Thanks for stopping by. I think I will leave it be for a while to see how it pans out. I am glad you like my blog hope it was informative. Yeah Blaqkofi is this bomb!

meikmeika
Thanks for the compliment. I love your blog. Love seeing all the good food! BTW I am glad you are feeling better. Also your hair is growing and looking good!
Stay blessed!

SeZ said...

O.k. when I saw this picture without seeing the other I said oh, my who did that to her. :-) But I see now. Your locs are progessiving nicely.

NappTown said...

sez, LOL! My daughter enjoyed doing that to me! Ha ha ha ha!!! She even took the pic. For a while I did not want anyone to see it. Then I said what the heck. It is funny!

Sister-in-Locks said...

Awe Shucks!

Thanks for your lovely comments.

I waited a full year before I colored my hair and about 9 months after that to get the blond highlights.

BTW - Blaqkofi and I have the same colorist.

I was hesitant to color but it was worth it.